On 2024-03-09, Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 09, 2024 at 07:55:13PM +0100, n952162 wrote

>> I just synced my system after a long delay,
>
>   That's your problem right there.

Yep, to quote Olivia Rodrigo...

Bad idea, right?

>> Is there a way to do it globally?
>
> First of all python targets should not need to be mentioned in
> make.conf or package.use.

Like the girl said.

> Gentoo manages versions automatically... if you update often enough.

This has been pointed out here (I think even to the OP) more than once.

Gentoo is not appropriate for machines that don't get updated
regularly. I recommend at least once a week, but once a month will
probably be OK. Much longer than a few months and you're asking for
trouble.

Hard-wiring PYTHON versions is also asking for trouble. Combining the
two is demanding trouble.

Just back up your user data and re-install.

There are ways to get out of your mess, but if you have to ask...

As they used to say at the billiards tournaments:

   "If you could make a shot like that, you wouldn't need to make a
    shot like that."

--
Grant