On 3/27/24 13:58, J. Roeleveld wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,

I am looking for a way to synchronise a filesystem between 2 servers. Changes
can occur on both sides which means I need to have it synchronise in both
directions.

What sort of turn around time are you looking for? seconds, minus, hours, longer?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I would wonder about using rsync.

host1 -> host2 at the top of the hour
host2 -> host1 at the bottom of the hour

Or if  you wanted to get fancy

host1 pushes to host2 at the top of the hour
host2 pushes to host1 at a quarter past
host2 pulls from host1 at the bottom of the hour
host1 pulls from host2 at a quarter till

I'm thinking like if one of them was a road warrior and only one side could initiate because of a stateful firewall.

Also, both servers are connected using a slow VPN link, which is why I can't
simply access files on the remote server.

ACK

--
Grant. . . .