On 2024-04-16, Arve Barsnes <arve.bars...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 at 15:29, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> > My understanding is the gentoo-sources kernels are aligned with the LTS
>> > upstream releases.
>>
>> Right,  they use the same version numbers.   But you can't see from just
>> looking at the available "gentoo-sources" which one is LTS and which one
>> is not.   You have to consult "https://www.kernel.org/";  to get this in-
>> formation.
>
> Only LTS kernels get stabilised, so this information is readily available.

"Stablized" as in the corresponding gentoo-sources ebuild is marked as
stable. [Not to be confused with Linux "stable" kernels -- not all of
which end up with LTS status.]

Getnoo-sources also includes "stable" but not "LTS" Linux kernels, but
the gentoo-sources ebuild for those is always "testing".

IOW, if you install gentoo-sources, and don't keyword it to allow
"testing" ebuilds, then you won't get anything other than LTS kernel
sources.