Michael wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 May 2024 11:56:04 BST Dale wrote:
>> Neil Bothwick wrote:
>>> xclip manipulates both the standard and X selection clipboards. It works
>>> with the X selection clipboard by default, so you shold be able to clear
>>> it with
>>>
>>> echo "" | xclip

>>> It's part of X.

>>> Bitwarden has an option to clear the clipboard after a configurable time,
>>> much like KeePassXC.
>>>
>>> Naturally, if you are really paranoid about security, you will run your
>>> own Vaultwarden server to avoid the passwords ever going anywhere out of
>>> your control.
>> I wanted to check out the help info, maybe learn something new.  This is
>> what I get when trying to find xclip.
>>

>> root@fireball / # xc <tab twice>
>> xcam      xchm      xcircuit
>> root@fireball / #
>>

>> There doesn't appear to be a xclip on here, not as a command anyway.
>> Could it be some other name?  Maybe it changed?  I'm sure it is
>> something.  I just don't know what.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
> x11-misc/xclip
>
> Or just select some empty space in an application, to overwrite your previous
> selection.

Well, since it works, something is acting as a clipboard.  It doesn't
seem to be xclip in my case.  Anyway, that's what I been doing is
highlighting something else and that makes it paste the new highlighted
info instead of previous info.  I have no idea if those entries are
stored somewhere or when gone, they gone.  I'm hoping they are gone.

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S. My new 16TB drive is almost done with the long SMART test.  :-D