On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 03:06:50PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote

> Have you checked that the directory where you are attempting to
> do this is one that your account owns? I generally have to su - to
> root, create a directory at the top level, change it so that I own it and
> have rwx permissions, and then exit root. After that I can do what I want.

  I have a short script ~/bin/tabon

[x8940][waltdnes][~] cat bin/tabon
#!/bin/bash
sudo /usr/bin/jmtpfs /home/waltdnes/tablet -o allow_other,auto_unmount,rw
#
# Only needed once
#sudo /bin/chown -R waltdnes:users /home/waltdnes/tablet

  The last (commented out) line *USED TO WORK*.  Now it spits out a
whole slew of...

/bin/chown: changing ownership of
'/home/waltdnes/tablet/sdcard1/blah_blah_blah': Function not implemented

...one for each direcory and file.  I believe the phone formats the card
as either FAT32 or XFAT.

--
Roses are red
Roses are blue