That's a pretty defeatist way of looking at it :P.
FIrefox seems to work just fine on every other X running desktop,
including a fellow Gentoo'er friend of mind;
Not to mention that simply stop using the application cos X has a bug
is, well, far out.

I'll go ahead with the mass recompile, I guess.
(PS. Opera 8.5 is waaay laggy for some reason and I like my extensions)