On 11/10/05, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 Lf
> [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9] (rev 01)
>

> So I need to add MESA to get OpenGL fixed?

No.  Why do you think this?  You only need xorg (merged with +opengl),
the radeon driver plus the appropriate DRI section in your xorg.conf
file, and the radeon DRM/DRI kernel module configured and loaded.

> Any other way to get opengl working with the radeon kernel driver?
> Should/can I use ati-drivers? or should I stick with the radeon
> supplied binary driver?

What "radeon supplied binary driver"?  The only binary driver
available for ATI cards is the ati-drivers, provided by ATI.  The
radeon driver that comes with x.org is open source.

As for which to use, well, use whatever works best for you.  If you
want to try the ati-drivers, generally you just need to merge the
package and change the "Driver" setting in xorg.conf from radeon to
fglrx.

-Richard