On 11/11/05, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
   In an regular email I get from Apple a number of characters show up
as little boxes that say "00 93" and "00 94". In the following quote
the quotes at 'launching' and the quote at the end are bad until I
paste it into GMail which seems to take care of it. The two quotes at
the beginning are fine.

In "Hands-on with Aperture," David Schloss (pdnonline) offers a fairly
detailed overview of the application Apple expects to ship later this
month. Aperture, says Schloss, is "launching out of the gate with more
features and functionality than anything else to date. With Aperture,
Apple has the ability to bring a whole new level of sophistication to
the post-production market place."

1) This is a font issue, right?

2) If so, how do I determine what Apple's HTML is looking for?

3) Generally, what fonts do folks load to get the best results on this stuff?

Thanks,
Mark

I ran into this same issue only for me it was with Asian characters. I re-compiled X with the cjk (multi-byte characters) use flag and everything works perfectly now. I would try that first (even though re-compiling X is a long painful process).

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux takes junk and turns it into something useful.
Windows takes something useful and turns it into junk.