easy with postfix: DNS round robin (solution inside DNS Server, nearly all
 MTAs are aware of this)

So DNS round robins between the two mail servers. A new mail comes into server1, how does this mail make it to server2.

Yes this is definitely the difficultest part. It must be solved somewhere in the LDA (cyrus). The MTA just pass mails to the LDA. So round robin should work.

I don't see that Postgres supports multiple masters either. Circular

I'm not an expert but what about this?
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.289

The storage has to reside somewhere. If that site goes down, both servers go down. You either need both servers in the same site with shared storage or figure out how to do a shared nothing backend.

It depends on how both sites are connected. Just like redundancy in Servers/Network you can have redundant storage. I.E. with (a)synchronous replication over IP or FC-networks.

BTW: I don't know a cluster-solution with cyrus. We use a cluster aware commercial one.

Sascha.