Benno Schulenberg wrote:
Mrugesh Karnik wrote:

Well, the kernel modules have been loaded already...

Which ones precisely?  See the output of 'lsmod'.
Do an 'lsmod' on your FC4 too and compare.

That'd be drm and via

I noticed one thing, the agpgart option in the kernel is always
disabled... !x86_64 says the Help for that option. As it is, I
have a PCI card...

What PCI card? The Unichrome chip isn't a card. And it does need AGP, via_agp for the 400 chips, amd64_agp for the 800 chips. See the first line of 'lspci' for what chip you have.

Hmmm. The first line of lspci is "Unknown Device"

00:00.0 Host Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown Device 0204

And this is my graphics card:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technology, Inc. S3 Unichrome Pro VGA Adapter (rev 01)

Is the via driver present on your FC4? And if so, have you tried using it there? Maybe it simply doesn't work, by being unable to handle 64 bits?

Which drivers exactly? As it is, I'm having problems with 2D performance and am not really concerned about 3D performance. The drm and via modules loaded above are 3D related... Hmmm.

Thank you,
Mrugesh