Hello everyone, I updated to something like baselayout pre9-r2 a few
days ago and I immediately started getting this on boot up right after
"Checking root filesystem":

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
filesystem (and not swap or anything else), then the superblock is
corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate
superblock;
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

I tried running that with /dev/hda3 for the <device> with no good
results.  I booted to a LiveCD, chrooted, synced, and updated
baselayout to something like baselayout pre10-1 tonight with the same
results.  What can I do to get this baby working again?

- Grant