On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 08:18:17PM -0500, James Colby wrote:
> List members -
>
> I am trying to run revdep-rebuild and it is failing.  It is trying to
> re-compile a package that is no longer has an ebuild available
> (kdelibs-3.3.2-r7).  I have tried running revdep-rebuild -X and
> revdep-rebuild --package-names, but it is still trying to compile the
> package.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Also I am running KDE
> 3.4, is there an easy way that I can find out what package is using
> kde3 libs?

I just ran into this problem last night. I ran
  equery depends kdelibs
made sure NONE of them specifically depended on kdelibs-3.3.2 (in my
case they were all compiled against kdelibs-3.4.x during a few of the
past update cycles).
then I just
  emerge unmerge =kde-base/kdelibs-3.3.2-r7
and revdep-rebuild stops complaining.

"Another world, another day, another dawn. "
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 7 days, 20:10