Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman schrieb:

> Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> No, it won't, I'd think. But, why DO you think so?
>
> Excessive parts of a working system are curretnly opt-dependant on PAM,

That's wrong. Most support optional PAM support, but
for most it's not a requirement.

> but most also use PAM to get
> specific functionality they do not want to provide.

Yep. And if those functionalities aren't needed, why
use PAM? To learn? I don't think so...

> It just a guess, but I'm sure this trend will
> get to parts of a minimal system,

A minimal system is one, that does NOT use PAM.
PAM is another layer and thus not minimal. If
what you're writing were true, we'd still use
/etc/passwd like on HP-UX 11.00. Ie. no /etc/shadow.

> their own. Less size. Less complexity. More code-reusing. Just a guess.

Wrong. PAM adds complexity.

Alexander Skwar