On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:01:43 -0800, glen martin wrote:

> This begs the question of why it isn't there, considering it is
> installed. I must wonder, what else that I've installed has somehow not
> been added to the world file.  Perhaps I'm exposing my ignorance, but is
> the world file not supposed to have everything that is installed and not
> in the base system definition?

The world file contains everything that you installed directly.
Dependencies of packages you install are not included in world. If you
installed a package that depended on Apache, Apache would have been
installed but not added to world. If you subsequently removed the
original package, or changed your USE flags so that it no longer required
Apache, then Apache would no longer be a dependency of anything in
world. In that case, emerge --ask depclean would offer to remove it.

--
Neil Bothwick

And all the Borg left was this copy of System 7...