On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:42:47 +0100, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:

> I have tried it - and the mplayer controlls suck. {} makes the film,
> slower, faster, but not +/- 100% like xine, one klick, one doubling.
> No, it does +/- some percent, and if you hold the key for the tenth of
> a second to long, you'll never find back to normal speed.

[] change the speed by 10%, {} halve/double it. If you don't like those
keys, change them. Those are only defaults, not set in stone.

Backspace is the default key to revert to normal speed. I expect that if
you search the web, you'll find someone has posted a config file to use
the same keybindings as xine.

Here are the relevant settings from ~/.mplayer.conf, change them to
whatever you want.

RIGHT seek +10
LEFT seek -10
DOWN seek -60
UP seek +60
PGUP seek 600
PGDWN seek -600
[ speed_mult 0.9091     # scale playback speed
] speed_mult 1.1
{ speed_mult 0.5
} speed_mult 2.0
BS speed_set 1.0        # reset speed to normal

--
Neil Bothwick

The present never ages. Each moment is like a snowflake, unique,
unspoiled, unrepeatable, and can be appreciated in its surprisingness.