On Sunday 27 November 2005 07:51, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Does anyone have this problem? I click a link, such as on the page I
> put in this email, I get a new Firefox window, mplayerplug-in seems to
> be downloading, but then never plays. If I look at processes using top
> and ps aux I do not see mplayer at all.
>
> http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2005/11/more-music.html
>
> There are ogg and mp3 links to try.

What version of mplayerplug-in are you running? I *greatly* recommend using at
least 3.11 (which is still marked ~x86) - it's the first that works really
well for me (the earlier releases would crash firefox when you left the page
with the video on it.) I'd also see the problem you see with earlier versions
- the page would appear to download the video but nothing would happen.