There's an article in this month's Linux Journal about MythTV, and they
mention the Hauppauge PVR-150. They also mention Gentoo as the best
distribution for MythTV!

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, James Ausmus wrote:

On 11/28/05, Budd, Tracy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just need a bare-bones card to make backups of my VCR tapes and DVDs.
Not even interested in a TV-tuner though I guess they all include that.
Gentoo support is a must.

I've had great luck with the Hauppauge PVR-150 - ~$100. I'm running
Gentoo, MythTV, etc, no problems at all. It does hardwaree MPEG2
compression, so it doesn't even bother your CPU - my MythTV back-end
server is a Celeron 500MHz

-James