I just tired to add to OpenOffice 2.0 "kprinter" but I can not do it.
The usual procedure was:
go to "spadmin"
Generic printer -> properties and enter command "kprinter --stdin"

But whenever I make any changes, they are not saved.  Every time I
restart "spadmin" I see only one choice "Generic Printer".  If I click
on Properties -> OK; my printers are showing up, but there is no way to
save it. The next time I open spadmin there is only one: "Generic
Printer"

It seems to me making changes made via "spadmin" doesn't take any
effect.
I've tired changing permission on:
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/psprint/psprint.conf
from 444 to 744 but it makes no difference.

Does anybody have a clue what is going on and how to make changes via
spadmin.

--
#Joseph