On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:46:23 -0300, Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:

> my USE flags got only doc because this is a linux box without any
> graphical interfaces to server some utilities .....
>
> could some one explain why emacs needs so many graphical parts ?

What does "emerge -tv emacs" show? It should tell you which USE flag is
causing all this. Leaving gnome out of your USE flags may not be enough.
If it is on by default in your profile, you need to include -gnome (and
-motif) in USE.

--
Neil Bothwick

Uhura: Captain, you're being flamed on channel one.