On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:22:41 +0000, Stroller wrote:

> That cleared out quite a lot, but if I run `emerge -Pp` I see that
> there's lots of other slotted packages on my system (see attached).
>
> The warnings in emerge's manpage are quite clear about the use of -P
> so, having cleared out KDE 3.3.2 components, I have to ask if there's a
> safe way to determine if there's any other unnecessary crap on my
> system.

Most of the packages you listed, with the exception of Python, are
probably necessary. Things like automake, db and some GNOME libraries are
often needed in multiple versions. To see what is unnecessary, do

emerge -uavDN world
emerge -p depclean

--
Neil Bothwick

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.