I usually do a emerge -p <program name> to see what is currently
installed.  Like this:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # emerge -pv openoffice
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [ebuild   R   ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.0  +curl -eds* +gnome +gtk
> +java +kde -ldap +mozilla -nas +xml2 +zlib 210,553 kB
>
> Total size of downloads: 210,553 kB
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

That may help.  In case you are wondering, that * by the -eds means I
get to compile OOo again.  Crap.  They are upgrading gcc so I will do it
then.

If you have more than one version, emerge -Pp <program name> should list
them.  There is some guru that is going to jump in with a better way to
do this.  I'm waiting to learn something new.  It will be equery
something or other I'm sure.

Oh, I top posted because he did.  I assume he likes top posting.  My
apologies for being a people pleaser.  :p

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.