Leandro Melo de Sales schreef:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to make a world update, but I got the following:
>
> # emerge -uD world Calculating world dependencies ...done!
>
> !!! Error: the =kde-base/kcheckpass-3.4* package conflicts with
> another package. !!!        both can't be installed on the same
> system together. !!!        Please use 'emerge --pretend' to
> determine blockers.
>
> How can I solve this?
>
> Leandro.

Do as instructed: run emerge -upD world. The blocked package will be
shown, as well as the package blocking it at the beginning of the output.

The normal solution is to unmerge the blocking package so that the
blocked package can emerge, but if you are unsure if you want to do
that, or what effect it will have, then post the message as to what is
blocking kcheckpass here and we'll see what's what.

HTH,
Holly