Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales wrote:
Hi there,

   I got a new VCOM optical mouse, model C235-PS2-V. And I'm having
problems with it. On Windows XP or with the Linux kernel 2.4.30
(OpenMosix) it works fine. But on linux kernel 2.6.14-r2 (Gentoo
Sources), it lights off and stays off unless I halt the system.

   I believe this is related to udev for two reasons, one because the
2.4 kernel uses devfs unstead of udev, and also because the light goes
off when udev is starting. On the dmesg log, there are two entries
related to the mouse:

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
input: ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1

   The mouse buttons work, but when I press any of them, the cursor
goes to the top-right corner of the screen and stays there.

   Does anybody has any idea of what might be wrong, or how to create
a udev rule so the mouse device works as in devfs?

Thanks for the attention,

Raphael

Hi,

What Option "Device" parameter in xorg.conf? It should be /dev/input/mice in most of the cases.

HTH.
Cheers,
Tamas Sarga                             Sárga Tamás
--
Make the world confused!                Zavard össze a világot!
Smile on monday morning!                Mosolyogj hétfő reggel!