Daevid Vincent wrote:
I was in the middle of emerging KDE 3.5 and it's 8 million dependencies, and
read the post about needing to unmerge superkaramba. So, in another shell I
did just that. Life was fine. I needed to reboot my notebook for another
reason, and when I started the emerge again, it complains that superkaramba
is blocking!?

If I "emerge unmerge superkaramba", there is nothing to do, yet, "emerge
kde" thinks there is.

How do I get portage back in sync again :( ?

In order to help us diagnose the problem, you should post the output of emerge.
 Also, emerge's --tree option might be helpful.

Zac