On Wednesday 07 December 2005 23:14, Steven Susbauer wrote:
> What about things like nvidia drivers, flash and java? (Obviously I could
> also just look through gentoo-portage.com...). Does firefox run in 64 bit?
> What about xmms and full alsa?
>
> I'm about to mess with my new system once I get the video card, it too is
> an AMD64.

I have an NVIDIA card. NVIDIA has 64 drivers. Works perfectly.

To run Firefox with Flash and Sun's Java, you can use 32 bit firefox-bin.
Works perfectly fine when Flash is installed via Portage. As for Sun's JRE,
you'll need to extract it yourself and just add a link to its plugin so in
mozilla's plugins directory. This information is available in the AMD64
related documents on http://gentoo-wiki.com

I also compiled Mozilla with VLC plugin for streaming stuff. Mplayer-bin which
is 32 bit, is also installed for win32codecs to work.

I don't use XMMS, I use amaroK. Works perfectly. So does ALSA.

There's a nice guide in GPD for creating 32 bit chroots. Check it out.

HTH,
Mrugesh