Grant schreef:

> That doesn't seem to do it either.  Firefox still crashes from Flash
> unless I put the export line in /usr/bin/firefox.

Why don't you just alias it, then (until such time as you figure out
what's going wrong and how to adjust)?

In ~/.bashrc

alias firefox="export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 firefox"

save, source ~/.bashrc in a term and you're done (when you run the
command 'firefox' the alias will run, exporting the variable before
running the binary).

Shell aliases are extremely cool things, especially since I don't myself
have time or interest in d**king around with stuff like this when I'm in
the middle of something (trying to look something up on the Web, for
example, on what turns out to be a Flash site). If there's a hack,
implement it, and then d**k around with it when you have time and energy
to concentrate, that's what I say.

HTH,
Holly