On Sunday 18 December 2005 07:39, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> Wow!  A cross-posted spam-thing!  I found this one somewhat difficult to
> take seriously before, but when it's cross-posted I find it downright
> hilarious!  While this is amusing shouldn't robin.gentoo.org have some
> kind of spam filter that can filter out mail with the string "Paypal" in
> the Subject line?

No, because the same system that filters list email filters dev email.  While
I don't use paypal, other devs might to handle shipping of hardware or
whatever.  That said, they probably don't want PayPal stripped from the
subject line.  As with most large scale email systems, there tends to be a
"you're on your own, you handle it" aspect to filtering.  This prevents false
positives from hitting the filter and someone missing an important email.

Chris White