Nick Rout wrote:

I see a lot of people seem to have upgraded to kde 3.5.

I am currently running kde 3.4.1 (installed via kde-meta) and stable is
3.4.3. However reports seem to be that 3.5.0 seems good enuf to work
with and I can't be bothered compiling 3.4.3 and then 3.5 later.

Soooo, is there an easy way forward? I suspect I could enter a large
number of packages as ~x86 in /etc/portage/package.keywords, or I could
ask here if there is an easier way.

Answers on the back of an envelope etc etc :-)

Oh and apologies if this is covered somewhere really basic and I missed
it, I did look, honest (and the wiki seems to be down for me today).

NRR
assuming you've done an emerge --sync with the past.. (what is month or so since kde 3.5 was unmasked? ) just run emerge -u kde (u for upgrade or heck even committing the -u, it still should work fine.)

Samir