On 12/18/05, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12/17/05, smoke3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I've got a CX5400 EPSON All-in-One printer/scanner.
> >
> > I tried to configure sane-backends in order to get it working on my
> > 2.6.14-gentoo (amd 64), but I think I'm doing something wrong.
> > That is, when I type:
> > # sane-find-scanner -q
> >
> > I get:
> > found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0808 [USB MFP]) at
> > libusb:002:003
> >
> > But, after configuring /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf with
> > usb 0x04b8 0x0808
>
> According to the sane project, the CX5400 should be using the epson
> backend, not epkowa:

NO WAY though...
I tried the same with epson backend, but
# SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128 scanimage -L

still gives the same output as epkowa does:
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of epson to 128.
[epson] sane_init: sane-backends 1.0.16
[epson] sane_init, ># epson.conf<
[epson] sane_init, >#<
[epson] sane_init, ># here are some examples for how to configure the EPSON backend<
[epson] sane_init, >#<
[epson] sane_init, ># SCSI scanner:<
[epson] sane_init, >#scsi EPSON<
[epson] sane_init, ># for the GT-6500, comment out the previous line and uncomment the following line:<
[epson] sane_init, >#scsi<
[epson] sane_init, >#<
[epson] sane_init, ># Parallel port scanner:<
[epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x278<
[epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x378<
[epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x3BC<
[epson] sane_init, >#<
[epson] sane_init, ># USB scanner:<
[epson] sane_init, ># There are two different methods of configuring a USB scanner: libusb and the kernel module<
[epson] sane_init, ># For any system with libusb support (which is pretty much any recent Linux distribution) the<
[epson] sane_init, ># following line is sufficient. This however assumes that the connected scanner (or to be more<
[epson] sane_init, ># accurate, it's device ID) is known to the backend.<
[epson] sane_init, >usb 0x4b8 0x808<
[epson] attach_one_usb(libusb:002:002)
[epson] SANE Epson Backend v0.2.45 - 2000-01-09
[epson] attach(libusb:002:002, 3)
[epson] attach: opening libusb:002:002
[epson] sane_init, ># For libusb support for unknown scanners use the following command<
[epson] sane_init, ># usb <product ID> <device ID><
[epson] sane_init, ># e.g.:<
[epson] sane_init, ># And for the scanner module, use the following configuration:<
[epson] sane_init, >#usb /dev/usbscanner0<
[epson] sane_init, >#usb /dev/usb/scanner0<
[epson] sane_get_devices()

Any other idea on what's going wrong?
Thanks,
S.G.

--
You can't learn what you think you know.