Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The KDE Wallet system is pretty much ideally suited to storing this
> kind of data.

I wondered what that thing was...

I do run kde but for my needs what ever I end up using will have to be
easily accessable from console mode or an ssh login too.

Am I right in thinking kwallet requires kde to be running?

If I were to simply create *.tar.gz or rar archive and then gnupgp
encrypt that file, deleting source  would that be problematic?

I can see it would not be terribly handy but at the size of data I'm
talking about it could be scripted and be pretty fast when I needed
something.  I'm thinking the biggest headache would be deleting the
source after each visit.

There are tools like emacs that can deal with a tar file transparently
but then I've introduced another player into the scheme.

What else to people have experience with?