On 12/19/05, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Willie Wong wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 02:30:18PM -0800, Penguin Lover Eric Bliss squawked:
> >

> >>Basically, if it isn't working right now, don't hold your breath for it to
> >>be
> >>fixed, either by the Firefox team, or the website developers.
> >>

> >So... what you are saying is that, basically, it is not really
> >anyone's fault, and so not a bug. Okay then, I'll stop worrying about
> >it. At this point, it is really up to the OP to bug the webmaster and
> >make the code Fireox-Compliant (TM) =p

> This sounds like my sister-in-laws company website, she just works for
> them though.  If you don't use IE, you're out of luck.  The home page
> will work but nothing after she logs in.  She uses a private section
> that is for employees only though so I don't have the address for it.
> She works for J. C. Penny.  She sells shoes.  LOL  Al Bundy in the
> family.  LOL
>
> Why can't there be a standard?  Wouldn't it be easier for everybody?
> Even my banks really secure site work with Mozilla, on Linux no less.
> They run windoze, well, maybe it ain't so secure after all.  ;)  At
> least it works though.

Because if you can make a DOM that a lot of websites use, you make the
browser that views them correctly, and so the other browsers won't,
this way, you can gather more people to use YOUR browser, not because
its better, or safer, or free, but because it works with that website
you want to view. Now, imagine you have 85% of the browsing market,
yeah, market is a war. Now, suppose you made a better, safer and even
more cool browser, and you are gaining a good piece of the market, you
try to sink the others, of course!

> My $.02 worth and that ain't much.
>
> Dale
> :-)
>
> --
> To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
>
> I have four rigs:
>
> 1:  Home built; Abit NF7 ver 2.0 w/ AMD 2500+ CPU, 1GB of ram and right now
> two 80GB hard drives.
> 2:  Home built; Iwill KK266-R w/ AMD 1GHz CPU, 256MBs of ram and a 4GB drive.
> 3:  Home built; Gigabyte GA-71XE4 w/ 800MHz CPU, 128MBs of ram and a 2.5GB
> drive.
> 4:  Compaq Proliant 6000 Server w/ Quad 200MHz CPUs, 128MBs of ram and a
> 4.3GB SCSI drive.
>
> All run Gentoo Linux, all run folding. #1 is my desktop, 2, 3, and 4 are set
> up as servers.
>
> --

Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil