On 12/22/05, Jean Magnan de Bornier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Le 22 décembre à 17:02:52 Christian Heim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> écrit notamment:
>
> | On Thursday 22 December 2005 16:52, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
> | > ipw2200: Radio Frequency Kill Switch is on
> | > Kill switch must be turned off for wireless networking to work
> >
> | It's refering to an switch on your _case_ of the notebook, which turns
> | wireless on or off ...
>
> So it's hardware?

IIRC with the ipw2* line it could also be an option in your BIOS and
some laptops have a *magic switch* that requires a special software
package to toggle (sorry for being so vague, I don't remember the name
of the package).

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux takes junk and turns it into something useful.
Windows takes something useful and turns it into junk.