Peter wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:37:33 -0700, Tom Smith wrote:

Actually, Pro IS the server product... What makes them different is the license code. They haven't officially released the "Terminal Server" product yet in that they're not officially advertising it. What I've got is the "initial" release of Pro. And if you look at the User Manual for Pro, you'll see a section for the Terminal Server functionality.

We disagree. Pro and Server are separate products. Pro is Pro. It is a W4L
version to run W2K and XP only. It is a client product.

With respect, "officially" Pro and Server are separate products--that is, Pro will run Win2k and WinXP while the current Server product (WTS 3.0) will only run Win9x.

If you have a look at the Win4Lin Pro manual, you'll see a section in it pertaining to Terminal Server functionality. What enables the Terminal Server functionality is the license code--that came directly from Netraverse. I've worked quite extensively with them over the last year to (try and) resolve some of the issues I've had with WTS 3. The only one to date that remains unresolved is the Num Lock issue (and I will try your suggestion if Pro doesn't work out). Here's a link to the manual page for Win4Lin--have a look at "Win4Lin Pro 2.0 Users Guide"--it contains BOTH Pro and Server information.

http://www.win4lin.com/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,99/Itemid,145/

It's odd you say bad things about Pro. I've seen several other comments
about it and they've all been good. What types of issues are you or
other people having with it?

Well, first of all, I _don't_ use it. I had evaluated it. It is dog slow.
You must install kqemu to get any performance out of it. Mercifully, they
included it with the product. However, most reports are that it takes a
long time to load and programs are v e r y slow. Read the forum pages.

Also, you noted that W4L 9x is at version 6? This is incorrect. Version 5
is current. And there _IS_ a win4lin in portage. 5.1.1 is the latest and
current. However note that the kernel patches for 2.6.14 don't exactly
work right. Again read their forum pages.

Win4Lin 9x: http://www.win4lin.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4
Win4Lin Pro: http://www.win4lin.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6

Good luck.
Actually, I thought the version of Win4Lin in Portage was the Pro product (bad assumption on my part) as the package description doesn't indicate whether it's Pro or Home.