Could it be that the video card was fried?  Was it overclocked?

> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2987382.html#2987382

Unless I'm mistaken your video card is not being initialised.  If you
tried different LiveCD's and it now fails to come up, then hardware
failure of card or controller chip are suspect.

Finally, from a software perspective I assume that there are no lock
files created which are relevant to the video card and which might need
deleting?  Someone with more knowledge in this area may be able to offer
help.
--
Regards,
Mick