On December 3, 2005 10:09 am Robert Persson was like:
> On December 3, 2005 05:40 am Martins Steinbergs was like:
> > if there isn't any files or folders under /websites then it isn't problem
> > with httrack. if mirroring goes wrong, then there at least should be
> > project folder containing hts-cash folder and hts-log.txt; index.html
> > files. sorry, not much help from here.
> > martins
>
> But that's not what I've been saying, Martins. httrack +does+ create
> directories in ~/websites, including hts-cache. It also creates
> hts-log.txt, index.html, a lock file and a couple of gifs. However
> hts-cache is the only one of those directories with anything in it (aside
> from subdirectories and sub-subdirectories), and index.html is an empty
> file. What there is in hts-cache is a file called new.dat which contains a
> lot of the html that ought to have been put into the folders, all rolled
> into one huge file.

It seems that the problem has been simply that httrack is incredibly slow at
downloading pages, and that it also caches a lot of them before committing
them to wherever they are supposed to end up. This is why it looked like
nothing was happening whenever I tried to use it.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me here.

Robert
--
Robert Persson

"Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
(US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)