Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Petteri Räty schrieb:
>
>>Alexander Skwar wrote:

>>>Ah, yes, right, forgot about this. Why is something like
>>>this not listed in the changelog on CVS?
>>
>>ChangeLog only lists changes done in the package folder. package.masking
>>needs changes only to the package.mask file.
>

> Okay. But it is change to the package, isn't it? I mean, it now
> behaves differently than it did before.

True. I don't think it is against the policy to add package.masking
information to ChangeLogs but devs just don't do it at the moment. This
is maybe something you could bring up in the gentoo-dev mailing list.

> I guess, I don't agree with this decision - but I further guess,
> that I'll have to live with it, don't I?

Well emerge -1 =<pkg>-<masked version> should give you easy access to
the package.mask reason to help you in the meanwhile.

Regards,
Petteri