Hello.

On Вск, 2006-01-01 at 01:57 +0530, Abhay Kedia wrote:
> What all problems should I expect by
> putting a -arts in /etc/make.conf? I tried searching on Google and Gentoo
> Forums but could not find anything conclusive.

AFAIK there is a problem. kde compiled without arts does not have sound
events. You may search bugs.kde.org for related bugs. This was tested by
me on kde-3.4.2 and was broken. Bug is still opened...

But seems that in next version of kde arts will be deprecated. So my
suggestion is to leave arts in USE flags for kde only and disable it for
other applications. Then in kcontrol you may wish to disable arts too,
and use external player option. Thus artsd remains in your system but
it'll be never used.

Peter.