Hi,
   I'm in Gnome and received what appear to be some JPG files from a
friend. When I try to open them I get the following message:

The filename "DSCN2448.JPG" indicates that this file is of type "JPEG
image". The contents of the file indicate that the file is of type
"Macintosh BinHex-encoded file". If you open this file, the file might
present a security risk to your system.

Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or received
the file from a trusted source. To open the file, rename the file to
the correct extension for "Macintosh BinHex-encoded file", then open
the file normally. Alternatively, use the Open With menu to choose a
specific application for the file.

   Is this is some new virus or is there some setup that needs to be
done to be able to look at them?

Thanks,
Mark