On 1/11/06, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I sent this into gentoo-user last night, but never received it back from
> the list.  I'm sending it again...

It doesn't appear to be easily done at all - there appear to be many
files that would have to be edited, all in some really messy-looking
XML, with alot of values that might not be obvious. However, if you
want to try and find everything that is touched by adding a new
account, it appears that all the files live under
~/.gconf/apps/evolution (and sub-dirs) - but there might be additional
locations that I'm not aware of. Sorry. :)

> The college that my wife and I attend gives each of its students their
> own email account to be accessed either through their webmail site or
> through an external mail client.  Their webmail service was written for
> IE, so it's not much good to us, and whenever I try to enter a new
> account in Evolution-2.2, it crashes when I try to select the POP
> protocol from the protocol combo box for incoming mail (second page of
> the Email Account Registry wizard (at least that's what I call it.)  We

Have you tried a revdep-rebuild -p -v to see if there is a dependency
issue that would be causing the evolution crash? Also, have you tried
a re-emerge of evolution and evolution-data-server? Another option
would be to emerge the ~x86 evolution (2.4.2.1) - it has been quite a
bit more stable for me than previous versions of evolution.

-James