On Friday 13 January 2006 21:14, Holly Bostick wrote:
> Raj Swaminathan schreef:
> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks Iain, Winston and Willie for all your help. I was looking
> > specifically for the coreutils package and did not know where to find it.
> >
> > Iain, i run gentoo so i do have the patched versions of what i need,
> > thanks.
> >

> > But from you've said Im just curious to know if patched versions of the
> > coreutils package will be available for download directly form the
> > mirrors of distros like debian, slackware, ubuntu, suse   Fedora's mirror
> > had
> > coreutils-5.2.1-48.1.x86_64.rpm<http://fedora.mirrors.tds.net/pub/fedora-
> >core/updates/4/x86_64/coreutils-5.2.1-48.1.x86_64.rpm>but im not sure if
> > thats patched.
>
> What you might prefer to do is rather than looking in the directory that
> you are looking in, go one step up and try the
>
> SRPMS
>
> directory instead.... there, you will find
>
> http://fedora.mirrors.tds.net/pub/fedora-core/updates/4/SRPMS/coreutils-5.2
>.1-48.1.src.rpm
>
> which contains the source code (and most likely the patches as well).
>
> HTH,
> Holly

you may find useful rpmfind.net service or similar, however, latest packages
you'll find on mirrors.

for coreutils source rpms you may hit this:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=coreutils&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=src

Linux 2.6.15-ck1 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
 22:16:44 up  7:59,  4 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.05, 1.06