On Friday 13 January 2006 15:58, Matthias Bethke wrote:
> Hi Dale,
>
> on Friday, 2006-01-13 at 13:40:00, you wrote:
> > I think something is wrong with xorg or something myself.  I can read.
> > LOL
> >
> > If anyone else wants to see this thing, let me know.  I'll send it to
> > you.
>
> I noticed similar things can happen when for some reason (DHCP, some
> dialup script, ...) your hostname changes while X is running already.
> Everything running continues running just fine but X thinks the new
> connections were coming from a different host and refuses them.
>
> regards
>       Matthias

Well, I did a windoze thing and rebooted.  It got worse.  That was when
Mozilla stopped working at all.  My rig has always been named smoker, since
the install anyway.

I have a new install on the way on another hard drive.  If that one does the
same crap, I'm installing Mandrake for a while anyway.  <  goes and pukes at
the thought of Mandrake >  :-(

Things I have done so far:

Renamed ~/.mozilla  thought maybe it was a corrupt file
Tried two different users, no workey
re-emerged Mozilla then did a emerge -C mozilla and then re-emerged mozilla
again.  Still no worky.

Any ideas?  Anybody want to host this large strace file so others can see it?
I don't have anyway to host it here.

Thanks
Dale

Oh, Willie, it is working on it.  It adds a new line from time to time.  I'm
just twidling my thumbs waiting on it.  LOL  I'll send it when it gets tired
of chewing on it.  O_O