Yes,  emerging media-libs/nas like this went well, and subsequently the
other packages too.
One thing though was, that media-libs/nas has dependencies that were not
met by it before ./configure. For example, rman, gccmakedep, and xmkmf
were needed, but not present, not even as depency in the ebuild...
Thanks for the help!

KArsten