Trenton Adams schreef:
> On 1/15/06, Holly Bostick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Trenton Adams schreef:

>> The appearance of USE flags (which is what we're talking about) is
>>  unrelated to whether or not you have the package installed already
>>
> <snip>
>
> Oh, I get it. the thing that confused me was that he put the "USE=",
>  so I thought he was showing me what use flags he had set, not the
> output of the emerge command.  Now I see he was showing the output of
>  the emerge command and adding "USE=".  Either that, or he's using a
>  newer version of emerge that outputs "USE=" for him.

Yes, he probably is using the unstable version of Portage; mine does
this as well if I use the -v (--verbose) switch (I just went fully ~x86 a
couple of days ago):

emerge -pv mozilla-firefox portage

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-1.5-r9  USE="gnome java
xprint -debug -ipv6 -mozdevelop -xinerama" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] sys-apps/portage-2.1_pre3-r1  USE="-build -doc" 0 kB

It's a new Portage "feature". Not sure if I like it, but it's not
important enough for me to get worked up about, really.

Holly