On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:53:50 -0000, Michael Kintzios wrote:

> > Generally speaking you first unmerge all blocking packages, then
> > emerge "poppler" (which replaces xpdf).
>
> I had missed that!  Are you saying that if poppler has been emerged
> there's no need to re-emerge xpdf?  I didn't know that and I re-emerged
> xpdf.

If you emerge xpdf, poppler would have been pulled in as a dependency.
But if xpdf was only there as a dependency of other programs, it is no
longer needed, that part of the code is now in poppler.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 079: Mouse not found - A mouse driver has not been installed.
            Please click the left mouse button to continue.