Couldnt resist adding my 2p

I prefer to spend my "configuring time" ie. admin on the Big picture
eg. setting up mail, apache, firewall, .......
For the little things eg. desktop background one click icons to start
daily apps and so on I am happy to let others give me a pleasent
default.

So what this means for me is that I sort configs in a text editor of
choice [Vim] and let the KDE team do all the rest for me. I have
learnt that no matter how much you think you know about linux there
are always 10 levels of detail lower that you dont know so spend time
on the things you really care about rather than editing a long config
in order to gain a font in a light window manager.
for example,
I want to download the latest Gentoo live CD via bittorrent [save the
good peoples bandwidth] do I
a) Go for a console bittornado client and spend some time learning the
various flags/switchs in order to do this.
b) Have a ready GUI client in KDE that is start, paste, wait. No
thought required.

Prehaps not a great example but the principle is there .

Anyway long and short of this is that KDE fully bloated for me :]

stu

ps. I have noticed that on average with KDE running plus bagful of
usual apps and daemons I have around 130 process's running with Gnome
it used to be around 160, may not mean much I guess but just a small
observation.
pps.. oo oo forgot to say, nautilus chews the horses and knonqueror is
lovely [even if I can never spell it correctly :P ]

--
"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
binary, those who don't"

--Unknown