Tom Smith schreef:
> Rumen Yotov wrote:
>>>
>> Hi, Two ways (i know) to see the USE-flag descriptions. 1.Run
>> :#euse -i opengl ('euse' is part of app-portage/gentoolkit).
>> 2.Use"#grep USE-flag-name /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc (or
>> use.local.desc) use.desc - global USE flags, use.local.desc - for
>> flags loxcal for a package. PS: IIRC there was some third
>> alternative but can't remember right now. HTH.Rumen
>>

> The first place I always look for USE flag descriptions is in
> /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc--this particular flag isn't listed.

That's because it isn't a global USE flag, like "gnome"; it's a "local"
USE flag, which applies to vim only.

Local USE flags are described in /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc.

Myself, I use an alias to search useflags:

(in ~/.bashrc)

alias useflag='grep /usr/portage/profiles/use.*desc -e'

This searches both use.desc and use.local.desc for whatever I type after
the command "useflag"

so:

motub -> useflag vim-with-x
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:app-editors/vim:vim-with-x - Link
console vim against X11 libraries to enable title and clipboard features
in xterm

Great for when I've done an emerge -uaDtNv world, and don't know what
thus and so new USE flag does.

Holly