maxim wexler wrote:
Hello everyone,

Here's the error(same as from root prompt):

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ ogle
WARNING[dvd_gui]: add_keybinding(): No such action:
'SaveScreenshot'
WARNING[dvd_gui]: add_keybinding(): No such action:
'SaveScreenshotWithSPU'
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD
access
libdvdread: Could not open /dev/dvd with libdvdcss.
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading
ERROR[ogle_nav]: faild to open/read the DVD
callbacks.on_opendvd_activate(): DVDSetDVDRoot: Root
not set

Yes, there is a proper symlink:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ ls -l /dev/dvd
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 3 Jan 17 02:17 /dev/dvd -> hdd

Have tried chmod# 666 and 755 /dev/hdd.

User's groups:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ groups
wheel audio cdrw usb users portage

but,

sarawak heathen # usermod -G dvd heathen
usermod: unknown group dvd

Is it an ownership issue?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ ls -l /dev/hdd
brwxr-xr-x  1 root cdrom 22, 64 Jan 17 02:17 /dev/hdd

but #chown root:dvd /dev/hdd doesn't work.

-mw

You might want to try "ogle /dev/hdd" to see if directly accessing the drive works. Another thing to try is "ogle --check" which "Runs a few checks on the dvd setup and exits" to see if any problems are reported there. Another option is "ogle --debug /dev/hdd" which puts out more info.

No offense, but are you sure a readable video dvd is in the drive, because I get the same output when I run ogle without a dvd. Can you mount the dvd normally and see the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories? Also make sure the dvd isn't mounted already when running ogle because that won't work.

Hope this helps,
        PaulNM