On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 05:17:50PM +0100, Michael Mauch wrote:
> saf wrote:
>
> > I can't use my pc speaker, but I know the speaker works because when
> > booting my PC I hear the check "biiiiiip". :-)
> >
> > I installed the program beep (emerge beep), but I hear nothing!
> > I don't get errors.
> >
> > Does sombebody knows how to activate the pc speaker?
> > Is there a kernel option for it?
>
> Yes, CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR (in "make menuconfig" you can search with "/"
> to find out in which menu it is). The modul is called pcspkr.

Thanks very much!
I found it:
 Location:
     -> Device Drivers
       -> Input device support
         -> Generic input layer (needed for keyboard, mouse, ...) (INPUT [=y])
           -> Miscellaneous devices (INPUT_MISC [=n])
             -> PC Speaker support

It very good hidden! :-)

I think that if the module is not loaded, programs should make an error message.

--
Best regards,
Stephan FERRARO