[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>> Depends a bit on what you want: basic stuff or 3d-gaming !
>
> Basic stuff. Not into games, and I don't watch movies on my computer
> either.

Same as me then: I just bought the cheapest card with an nVidia chip,
AGP8 and DVI out at my local computer shop: ASUS V9400-X/TD / NVIDIA
(GeForce4) MX 4000 / 64Mb (but I only use 1280x1024). 39 Euros
now. Works for me :-)

(I forgot to mention that you may wish to choose a card that is
*passively* cooled if you do not like fan noise !!)

--
Simon Kellett,        |   Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
Darmstadt, Germany    |              Xemacs, Vm, Gnus