If understand this right --oneshot does not add the packages to the
world file.  I assume that if the KDE packages are already in the world
file then re-emerging them should not really cause duplicate entries - I
guess the ebuild or emerge script checks for packages which have already
been installed and amends the world file accordingly, no?  Am I missing
the point with this --oneshot option?
--
Regards,
Mick